Data Conversion Laboratory and Mekon are partnering to do a set of three free Webinars/interactive tutorial sessions relating to DITA 1.2. I’ve been impressed with the previous sessions these folks have done, and I plan on attending these myself.
Here’s what they plan to talk about and when:
- DITA 1.2: Keys and Conkeys – Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 @ 11:00 am EST
- DITA 1.2: New Conref Features and Subject Scheme – Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 @ 11:00 am EST
- DITA 1.2: Learning, Training, and the Rest – Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 @ 11:00 am EST
Here are their blurbs for each session:
“In Part 1, “Keys and Conkeys,” you will learn to create keys and key references; combine keys with conditions for easier manageability; and use conkey references instead of conref to simplify reuse and management of content.
In Part 2, “New Conref Features and Subject Scheme,” you will learn how to control metadata for various scopes; make quick, manageable, fine-grain changes to standard content with Conref Push; and learn to make use of DITA 1.2’s new features for even simpler reuse and scaling.
In Part 3, “Learning, Training, and the Rest,” you will learn how you can construct Learning and Training content from DITA for interactive learning and assessment delivery; how DITA supports delivering Learning Management Systems and SCORM packages; and what else DITA 1.2 has to offer, and where you can learn more.”
Note you do need to register for these Webinar sessions. Here’s the link information for each one:
- Part One (November 30th, 2011)
- Part Two (December 7th, 2011)
- Part Three (December 14th, 2011)