Here is a listing of online forums I have been able to track down about DITA:
- DITA Users Group on Yahoo: A very active group which has been around since mid-2004. Good both for the beginner as well as experienced writers, and is monitored by several very senior people in the DITA community, including many of the OASIS DITA committee members
- dita.xml.org forum: While not as active as some of the other forums listed here, this is a good place to go if you are looking to address some fairly high-level questions (for example, questions on map or topic architecture that a Document Architect might be interested in) as well as on the mechanics of actually writing in DITA XML. Also has a separate job board listing for those who are looking for work in the field.
- FrameMaker DITA Group on Yahoo: another long-running group on Yahoo, focusing specifically on using DITA from within FrameMaker. Not run by Adobe, instead it is a private effort from a group of dedicated users. Worth keeping tabs on if you are using FrameMaker with DITA.
- XMetaL and DITA Group on Yahoo: Another Yahoo online forum, this one aimed specifically at XMetaL users. It’s been around since early 2007, and provides steady though not overwhelming traffic.
- DITA Awareness Group on LinkedIn: Currently the most popular DITA forum on LinkedIn, with regular postings from a users spanning a wide range of expertise. As with everything on LinkedIn, also good for professional networking purposes.
- Facebook DITA Group: Not a lot of traffic on this forum, but worth checking out if you are already on Facebook.
As I am aware of other/new groups, I will come back and add them to this list.