Though late to the party, Adobe finally got around to doing a full revamp of FrameMaker, bolting on DITA functionality starting with version 7.2, and then fully integrated by version 8 in 2007.
Here are some resources for those looking to using FrameMaker with DITA:
- FrameMaker 8 Deep Dive: though it takes a while to get started, and requires the use of Adobe’s ConnectNow program, this multimedia presentation walks the user through the basics of using DITA in FrameMaker 8. Runs for just over an hour.
- Converting FrameMaker content to DITA: a brief (one-page) description on the dita.xml.org site on what to look out for when trying to set up conversion routines when using FrameMaker 8
- DITA support in FrameMaker and XMetaL: a slideshow presentation from the folks at Scriptorium that compares similar features for tackling DITA in both XMetaL and FrameMaker. Some interesting conclusions, and no clear winner (though each program has its strengths, which are pointed out)
- DITA support in FrameMaker: Information straight from Adobe about how to use DITA in FrameMaker 9.
- FrameMaker DITA Group on Yahoo: a long-running group on Yahoo, focusing specifically on using DITA from within FrameMaker. Not run by Adobe, instead it is a private effort from a group of dedicated users. Worth keeping tabs on if you are using FrameMaker with DITA.
Again, I am sure that there’s more out there that I am unaware of. If you know of anything good that ought to be added to this list, please add it to the comment section below.